By Ryan Yousefi
Several Coral Springs businesses have been reported for failing to follow precautions put in place by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak.
As of August 14, 101, complaints were filed against businesses in Coral Springs, ranging from customers not wearing masks to businesses failing to put in place a social distancing plan and not following sanitizing procedures within their store.
The Coral Springs complaints are broken down into three categories; Pending Inspection (7), Resolved Complaints (52), and Warning Issued (42). All businesses that receive a complaint have the right to a fair inspection, and the database remains fluid and is continuously updated to reflect new information that is received.
Since the last week, four new warnings have been issued to businesses that received a complaint.
Jeremiah’s Italian Ice — a business that voluntarily closed for a handful of days in early July due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19 — received a warning on August 9. Located at 9172 Wiles Road, they received a warning after a complaint was received indicating that customers standing in line were not wearing masks, even though Jeremiah’s Italian Ice has a large sign clearly asking those congregating around the walk-up window to wear a face covering.
Mazzei Orthodontics, located at 9387 West Sample Road, received a warning on August 10, stating that while customers are unable to wear masks due to the nature of an orthodontics visit, multiple employees weren’t wearing masks either. The customer indicated in the complaint that both customers and employees were not wearing masks making for a very uncomfortable environment.
Smoothie King, located at 6225 West Sample Road, received a warning on August 13, after a customer indicated the store air conditioning was broken, so she stepped outside while her smoothie was being prepared. As she reentered, she witnessed both employees who were working on her order had removed their masks. The customer added they demanded a refund and took a picture of the employees not wearing masks.
Vito’s Gourmet Pizza, located at 1321 North University Drive, received a warning on August 10, from employees observed not wearing masks or gloves. Also mentioned was the location staying open until 2 or 3 a.m. on some days, violating curfew.
If you believe a business is not complying to emergency orders or CDC guidelines, you can submit a complaint to the City of Coral Springs online form, or call the Business Hotline 954-344-5772
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Next Stop Broadway Opens 2024 Summer Camp Registration
- Crime & SafetyFebruary 27, 2024Coral Springs Man Arrested on 11 Child Pornography Charges After Months-Long Investigation
- EventsFebruary 26, 2024Coral Springs Outspoken Toastmasters Club Holds Weekly Public Speaking Meeting at Wings Plus
- EatFebruary 23, 2024COMING SOON: Whit’s Frozen Custard to Sweeten Coral Springs with New Location