By Ryan Yousefi
With COVID-19 cases spiking all around the state, Coral Springs Talk continues providing updates from the Florida Department of Health.
COVID-19 cases are still setting record highs all around the country. The data in Broward County is trending upward towards the numbers Floridians grew accustomed to seeing during the first wave of infections.
According to the Florida Department of Health, as of December 12, there have been 6,140 positive COVID-19 cases in Coral Springs. That’s an increase of 271 positive cases since we last updated readers on December 9.
Statewide in Florida, there have been 1,125,931 positive COVID-19 cases to date. Florida is one of only three states in the U.S. to have recorded over one million COVID-19 cases.
There were 129,340 COVID-19 tests conducted in Florida on December 12, with 13,407 coming back positive. Of those positive cases, 8,866 were Floridians testing positive for the first time.
The average age of a resident to contract COVID-19 in Broward County on December 12 was 40-years-old. For weeks, the average age of a person contracting COVID-19 in Florida has hovered at or around 40-years-old.
Since the pandemic began, there have been 19,866 deaths to date in Florida due to COVID-19 and a total of 57,210 patients hospitalized due to the virus.
Below are cases sorted by Broward County cities:
Fort Lauderdale 27,227
Pompano Beach 12,683
Coral Springs 6,140
Deerfield Beach 3,510
Coconut Creek 2,603
North Lauderdale 1,982
Oakland Park 1,664
Pembroke Pines 2,006
Cooper City 1,163
Lauderdale Lakes 529
Wilton Manors 540
Southwest Ranches 398
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & Safety2021.04.21Broward Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie Arrested For Perjury
- News2021.03.26COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 26: Coral Springs Crosses 12,000 Case Threshold
- News2021.03.24Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 24
- News2021.03.22Coral Springs COVID-19 and Vaccine Update for March 22