By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School Soccer team were coming off a District Championship last season but struggled a bit early on. They had only three wins in their first 11 games with multiple draws though they finished the year playing well.
While their season is over following their 4-1 loss to Monarch High School, Coral Springs still had an impressive run in Districts after their upset win over Deerfield Beach in penalty kicks.
They finished the year with a 7-8-2 record but had won four of their previous five games before their loss against Monarch. With many upperclassmen on the team, the Colts will have many new players get an opportunity next season. However, they do have six freshmen who will get a year of experience on the varsity soccer team.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.09.08Gavin Conticello: Coral Springs Charter School’s Sensational Senior
- News2020.07.07Coral Springs Resident Coby Mayo Inks Deal with Baltimore Orioles
- News2020.06.17Eric Windell Named Coral Springs Charter Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
- News2020.06.12Coral Springs’ Coby Mayo Drafted by Major League Baseball