By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School Soccer team were coming off a District Championship last season but struggled a bit early on. They had only three wins in their first 11 games with multiple draws though they finished the year playing well.
While their season is over following their 4-1 loss to Monarch High School, Coral Springs still had an impressive run in Districts after their upset win over Deerfield Beach in penalty kicks.
They finished the year with a 7-8-2 record but had won four of their previous five games before their loss against Monarch. With many upperclassmen on the team, the Colts will have many new players get an opportunity next season. However, they do have six freshmen who will get a year of experience on the varsity soccer team.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.09Dufresne and Aldajuste Place in Track and Field at States
- News2021.05.08Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Player Drafted by Chicago Bears
- News2021.05.08J.P. Taravella Baseball Wins in Regional Quarterfinals
- News2021.05.07Coral Springs Charter Baseball Pulls Out Stunning Win in Extra Innings to Win 1st Regional Game