By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School girl’s basketball team continue their amazing run by advancing to the District Finals following their 68-27 win over Monarch High School.
The Colts, who have won six of their past seven games, and 13 this season, were led by Isabella Reynolds, who had a team-high 14 points.
“We defended and kept the pressure on them because we know they shoot the ball well,” said Head Coach Brenton Hankerson.
The Colts played one of their best defensive games all season and allowed the second-fewest points this year. They allowed only 20 points to Stranahan High School, but that came against a team with only two wins all season compared to 11 by Monarch.
It was also their highest-scoring game of the season and the fourth time this season that Coral Springs scored at least 60 points.
While last season ended with a loss in the District Championship to Deerfield Beach High School, the Colts won their first-round game against Piper before falling again to Deerfield Beach.
However, they will get a rematch with Deerfield Beach on Friday, February 7 at 7 p.m. These teams met earlier this season as well with the Colts falling 56-37. In fact, they have lost every game they have played against them since the 2006-07 season.
“We are going to the game and play,” Hankerson said. “We are playing with house money, but we will go and play our best.”
If the Colts win, they will guarantee themselves a chance to play in Regionals for the second straight year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.27Coral Glades Colton Eisenberg Donates Dollars for Charity with Every Successful Kick
- News2020.11.255 Taravella High School Bowlers Roll a Successful Season
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs Charter Bowling Has Another Terrific Season
- News2020.11.24Coral Springs High School Bowling Among Best in State