By: Matt Rothman
It was a terrific regular season for Coral Spring High School girl’s basketball team as the Colts finished off the regular season with a win Wednesday night.
Coral Springs defeated a very talented Plantation High School 57-31. Coming into the game, Plantation had won 13 of 19 games but took one of their toughest losses this season from the Colts.
“I’m very proud of my girls; they played a very tough schedule. They didn’t make any excuses. They just gave their all, and we are looking forward to playing for a district championship,” said Head Coach Brent Hankerson.”
The regular season opened with a disappointing start as they lost their first three games. Now they are on a three-game winning streak after having won seven of the past eight games behind their leading scorer Adalis Arroyo and leading rebounder Isabella Reynolds.
One of their most exciting games this season came over winter break on December 28. After losing by two points the day before, Coral Springs High School won an overtime game over Jensen Beach.
They also had a two-point win over South Broward High School and took care of many teams that are struggling this season in Strahan and Piper High School.
Up next, Coral Springs will play in the District Semifinals on Wednesday, February 5, at 6 p.m. at a neutral location.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.27Coral Springs’ Outfielder Caleb Roberts Officially Goes Pro