By: Sharon Aron Baron
Drawing thousands of spectators every year, the city’s annual Holiday Parade is one of the most popular events of the year. This year’s theme is called “Light up the Night” and will be held on Wednesday, December 14 at 7 p.m.
The parade will feature more than 60 decorated floats, local bands and other entries along Sample Road from Coral Springs Drive to City Hall. Awards will be given in both non-profit and business divisions.
Before the holiday parade, individuals and families are invited to participate in the Coral Springs Holiday Mile running race along Sample Road at 6:15 p.m. The start location is at the northeast corner of Sample Road and Coral Springs Drive (in front of the CVS).
The event is timed with awards, which is open to runners of all ages and abilities. Participants must pre-register online for $15, and are asked to park at the Center for the Arts. Race day registration is $20. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or register at www.itzevents.com
Sample Road west of University Drive and east of NW 110th Avenue, and Coral Springs Drive north of NW 29th Street and south of NW 37th Street, will be closed on the night of the parade from 5 p.m. until approximately 10 p.m. Handicap parking will be available behind City Hall, 9551 West Sample Road. Access from Wiles Road by turning south on Coral Hills Drive. A handicap parking decal required, and seating will be available at the intersection of Sample Road and Coral Hills Drive. Please notify the City 24 hours in advance if ADA accommodations are needed.
To find out about becoming a parade volunteer, call Volunteer Services at 954-346-4430. In case of inclement weather, the parade will be held on Thursday, December 15. For more information on participating in the 2015 Holiday Parade, call 954-345-2112 or visit www.CoralSprings.org/holidayparade.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.05Mullins Hall COVID-19 Test Site to Close in Coral Springs
- Events2021.05.04Tickets Go on Sale for Cirque Musica Holiday Spectacular
- News2021.05.04Volunteers Show Their Appreciation for Teachers at 22 Coral Springs Schools
- Events2021.05.03Coral Springs Honors Heroes in Special Memorial Day Service