By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs will be holding their special election on Tuesday, and based on the turnout during the March special election – just a few votes could decide the race.
On Tuesday, June 18, 2019, residents can head to the polls for a Special Election to fill the commission Seat vacancy for Seat 2. With over 80,000 eligible voters, it’s imperative residents exercise their right to vote. If you requested a Vote by Mail ballot, it must be postmarked by election day. When returning the ballot, do not forget to sign the return envelope.
The candidates who have qualified to run for Coral Springs Commission Seat 2 are Shawn Michael Cerra; Melissa Martinez Cipriano; Randal Cutter; Diane Gonzalez Simpson; Khurrum Wahid; and Camille Wallace.
On June 18, the polls open at 7 a.m. and remain open until 7 p.m.; all residents must vote at their designated precinct if you are unsure of your voting location click browardsoe.org/Election-Information/Precinct-Finder.
More about the candidates here:
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.01.21Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through January 14
- News2020.01.21Lucky’s Closes South Florida Stores including Coral Springs Location
- News2020.01.19Ramblewood Middle School Holds Showcase for 5th Graders
- News2020.01.15Mayors’ Chess Challenge Heads Back to Coral Springs January 18