By Ryan Yousefi
A Coral Springs man faces 24 charges, including home invasion, robbery, and carjacking after taking police on a wild 45-minute police pursuit.
On November 17, Coral Springs Police received a call from a residence located in the 16100 block of NW 39 Street regarding a domestic assault.
During the interview, the victim told officers her boyfriend, Jeremy Evans, 32, of Coral Springs, had repeatedly punched her and her juvenile son after a verbal dispute. Afterward, Evans stole her vehicle and fled the home.
The police report stated officers were quickly put on high alert for the stolen vehicle — a black Audi — and soon located it traveling eastbound on Sample Road. They attempted to pull Evans over, but he evaded police by running multiple red lights while traveling at an estimated 82-mph speed in a 40-mph speed zone.
Evans nearly struck several vehicles, including police cruisers, and officers decided to terminate in an abundance of caution. Additional resources were called in to help safely locate Evans, including helicopters.
Shortly after, dispatch received a call about a hit-and-run collision near the intersection of Sample Road and Coral Springs Drive. The call indicated that two people were seriously injured on the scene and transported to Broward Health Coral Springs.
When officers arrived at the crash site, they identified an abandoned black Audi — the same vehicle Evans had been driving — and witnesses indicated a black male matching the description of Evans had fled the scene on foot.
The report states Evans attempted to steal a bicycle from a nearby residence but dropped it and fled when the owner witnessed the attempted theft and confronted him with a firearm.
Evans continued to peak inside residences and eventually forced his way inside a home. There he stole multiple cellphones and demanded car keys from an occupant, who turned over the keys to a 2012 Dodge Journey where Evans subsequently fled in the vehicle.
After the police’s pursuit, Evans would eventually crash his second stolen vehicle near the 3900 block of University Drive. He once again fled on foot, ignoring officers’ demands to stop. After hopping fences and attempting to steal another bicycle, he was captured and taken into custody a short distance from the crash site.
Evans was medically cleared and transported to the Broward County Main Jail. He was released on bond and is on Electronic Monitoring/House Arrest.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- EventsFebruary 27, 2024Next Stop Broadway Opens 2024 Summer Camp Registration
- Crime & SafetyFebruary 27, 2024Coral Springs Man Arrested on 11 Child Pornography Charges After Months-Long Investigation
- EventsFebruary 26, 2024Coral Springs Outspoken Toastmasters Club Holds Weekly Public Speaking Meeting at Wings Plus
- EatFebruary 23, 2024COMING SOON: Whit’s Frozen Custard to Sweeten Coral Springs with New Location