By Sharon Aron Baron
Mayor Scott Brook is working to change the fear and uncertainty in Coral Springs businesses by promoting a new ‘Buy Local Initiative,’ co-sponsored by the Coral Springs Chamber of Commerce and the Coral Springs Economic Development Task Force.
“We are urging everyone to buy local.” Said Mayor Scott Brook while at The Vegan Cosmetics Store at The Walk at 2818 N University Dr.
Brook stressed the importance of Coral Springs residents following protective health guidelines while attempting to return to some of their pre-pandemic buying habits.
“We must get out–we get out safely–and…let’s support each other. None of this political division and derision.”
Brook spent over 20 minutes on Thursday, touring The Vegan Cosmetics Store for a Facebook Live Event while showcasing store products. He was led on this tour by Store Operations Manager, Diana Fisher, and Certified Herbalist and In-house Yoga Instructor, Amber Thompson.
At the end of the tour, Brook was presented with a MEDiSTiCK Plus Portable disinfectant–an innovative safety product that The Vegan Cosmetics Store uses to secure their premises. The product is a new addition to the store, which uses chlorine dioxide gas to seamlessly kill airborne microorganisms. This product is also available for purchase at the store as well as on the www.medistickusa.com website.
The Mayor’s initiative comes as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced on Friday that Broward and Miami-Dade would be moving into ‘Phase 2’ of the state’s reopening guidelines effective Monday, September 14. This move could eventually see the reopening of in-person K-12 schooling in Coral Springs.
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation recently announced that Broward & Miami-Dade bars could reopen at 50 percent capacity.
“Mayor Brook has always been supportive of small businesses and businesses in general in this city,” said Karlene Facey, CEO of The Vegan Cosmetics Store. “We businesses must also get together and support each other.”
Mayor Brook will be touring several other local businesses to promote the ‘Buy Local Initiative.’
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts