By: Matt Rothman
The incredible run of promising high school stats living in Coral Springs continues as senior Connor Manning has officially committed to play baseball at the University of South Florida.
Now playing for the Elite Squad Baseball Academy, Manning, who lives in Kensington Glen, has played baseball his entire life. He started playing tee-ball at four-year-old in Coral Springs and 9th-grade for Coral Springs Charter for a year. He eventually participated in the Little League World Series for North Springs in 2018, where he won the championship.
“It has always been my dream to play college baseball, and I thank God I get to fulfill that dream at the University of South Florida,” Manning said. “I want to thank God, my family, and all the coaches that helped me get to this point.”
Manning is a right-handed pitcher that can reach 93 mph and has an arsenal of pitches. He comes from an athletic family — both his sisters are cheerleaders. His older sister, Carley, was a cheerleader in high school and attends Florida Gulf Coast University.
Sydney, his younger sister, attends Coral Springs Charter and is on varsity cheer and competition.
Manning will be joining USF and will become teammates with Gavin Conticello, who also signed to play at USF on Wednesday.
The Bulls had their season cut short last year due to Covid-19 after going 6-11. However, they are only two years removed from their appearance in the regionals in the NCAA Tournament in 2018.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.28Coral Glades Golfer Jade Scott Shoots 75 to Advance to Regionals
- News2021.10.27Coral Springs Charter Girls Bowling Advances to States After Finishing 2nd in Districts
- News2021.10.27High School Football Preview for October 29 in Parkland and Coral Springs
- News2021.10.26Cross Country District Championship Recap for Coral Springs and Parkland Teams