By: Sharon Aron Baron
Get ready to do some back-to-school shopping. The three-day sales tax holiday is from August 2 to 4 this year and gives parents a break when buying school supplies and clothing for the coming semester. For others not shopping for children, you can still save on clothing and computer items for home or personal use.
“This sales tax holiday is a great opportunity for Broward County residents to complete their back-to-school shopping,” said Tom Kennedy, director of the Broward County Records, Taxes and Treasury Division. “We are especially pleased that computers and related accessories are included in this year’s sales tax holiday.”
Florida law directs that no sales tax will be collected on certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item; clothing, footwear and certain accessories selling for $75 or less per item; and personal computers and certain related accessories selling for $750 or less per item when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
This three-day tax holiday is in effect from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 2 to 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 4.
To see a list of what is and what is not included in the sales tax holiday, click here: Broward.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses