By: Sharon Aron Baron
Get ready to do some back-to-school shopping. The three-day sales tax holiday is from August 2 to 4 this year and gives parents a break when buying school supplies and clothing for the coming semester. For others not shopping for children, you can still save on clothing and computer items for home or personal use.
“This sales tax holiday is a great opportunity for Broward County residents to complete their back-to-school shopping,” said Tom Kennedy, director of the Broward County Records, Taxes and Treasury Division. “We are especially pleased that computers and related accessories are included in this year’s sales tax holiday.”
Florida law directs that no sales tax will be collected on certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item; clothing, footwear and certain accessories selling for $75 or less per item; and personal computers and certain related accessories selling for $750 or less per item when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
This three-day tax holiday is in effect from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 2 to 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 4.
To see a list of what is and what is not included in the sales tax holiday, click here: Broward.org
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.17Official 2021/22 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- News2021.05.17Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution May 19, Volunteers Needed
- News2021.05.16Winner of Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest Announced
- News2021.05.14City of Coral Springs Honors Nurses and Volunteers from COVID19 Vaccine Site