By Sharon Aron Baron
During Wednesday’s commission meeting, the mayor and commissioners voted on and approved a five-year interlocal agreement with the City of Parkland to deliver community risk reduction, emergency medical services, and fire protection services.
In August, the Parkland City Commission unanimously approved the five-year contract renewal.
Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department Fire Chief Michael McNally said the Fire Department, together with the City of Parkland officials, have forged a strong partnership with one goal in mind: to provide the highest level of fire and emergency medical services to the residents and businesses of Parkland.
“We are delighted to continue our relationship and look forward to serving the Parkland community for many years,” he said.
In the late 1990s, the Coral Springs Fire Department began providing EMS services to Parkland’s citizens. As the EMS service’s need increased, a part-time EMS unit was stationed at the Parkside and Holmberg Road Station 42 in 2003.
The city reorganized how public safety services would be delivered in March 2004, and the Coral Springs Fire Department and Parkland Public Safety Department merged. Many of the original Parkland Public Safety Department employees continue proudly serving the residents of Parkland.
The interlocal agreement has evolved to accommodate Parkland’s growth, providing stability and continuity of service to both Coral Springs and Parkland residents and businesses.
Coral Springs City Manager Frank Babinec, who led the department as Fire Chief, said, “The City of Parkland and the City of Coral Springs have enjoyed a great relationship, one that provides mutual benefits to our residents, our businesses, and our employees.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.03.08Just Announced: City Hosts Free ‘Hoppin’ into Springs’ Egg Hunt
- News2021.03.08Leadership Broward Launches ‘Follow the Leader in You’ Program for 8th-Grade Students
- News2021.03.08Check Out Open Play Chess in Coral Springs on March 10
- News2021.03.08Coral Springs Expands Recycling Options with New Mullins Park Location