By Ryan Yousefi
Several Coral Springs businesses received warnings for failing to follow precautions by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak.
Since March 1, 102 complaints were filed against businesses in Coral Springs, ranging from customers not wearing masks to businesses failing to enforce a social distancing plan and not following sanitizing procedures within their store.
The Coral Springs complaints are broken down into three categories; Pending Inspection (3), Resolved Complaints (53), and Warnings Issued (46). All businesses that receive a complaint have the right to a fair inspection, and the database remains fluid and is continuously updated to reflect new information that is received.
Since our last update, three new warnings have been issued to businesses that received a complaint. Two of the new warnings were issued to the same business.
Honest Indian Restaurant recently received a pair of warnings, one on August 29, and one on August 30. Located at 2238 North University Drive, the restaurant received complaints that indicated staff was observed not wearing masks.
One complaint claimed to have witnessed three cooks visibly not wearing a facial covering, while the second said no staff at all were had face masks on during their visit.
The warnings issued were labeled under a violation of sanitation requirements.
Hard Exercise Works, located at 10643 West Atlantic Boulevard, received a warning on August 27. The complaint involved indicated no one there at the time was wearing a facial covering. Also mentioned is a lack of social distancing inside the gym.
If you believe a business is not complying to emergency orders or CDC guidelines, you can submit a complaint to the City of Coral Springs online form, or call the Business Hotline 954-344-5772
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2020.09.21Coral Springs Police Arrest Woman for Domestic Battery After Hitting, Biting Boyfriend
- News2020.09.13Coral Springs Police Arrest Drunk Driver Asleep At Intersection
- News2020.09.12Coral Springs Police Arrest Woman for Domestic Battery After Biting, Striking her Husband
- News2020.09.10Multi-Car Head-On Accident In Deerfield Beach Leaves Coral Springs Woman In Critical Condition