By: Sharon Aron Baron
During an Emergency Coral Springs Commission Meeting held on Friday, the Commission declared a State of Emergency for the City.
The declaration of emergency that was signed today provides the City Manager with the needed authority for them to respond to Coronavirus. This declaration enables their staff to continue preparations for this virus and enables us to take additional measures to protect our elderly population.
Effective immediately, the following City programs and events have been suspended, canceled or postponed until further notice:
CITY PROGRAMS SUSPENDED
- Senior Center at Sartory Hall
- Special Needs Program
- Farmers Market (March 15)
- Our Town America (March 13-15)
- The 2020 Junior Olympics at the Coral Springs Aquatic Center (March 13-15)
- Walter “Skip” Campbell Avenue Unveiling Ceremony (March 17)
- Economic Development’s Business Excellence Awards (March 18)
- Festival of the Arts (March 19-22)
Canceled GROUP MEETINGS IN MARCH
- Senior Involvement Group
- Public Art Committee
- Multi-Cultural Advisory Committee
- Administrative Zoning Review Committee
- Neighborhood and Environmental Committee
The Coral Springs Charter School has decided to utilize online learning starting next week. Additional determinations will be made after spring break.
During this public health emergency, the City of Coral Springs will host Facebook Live Q&A sessions every Monday at 4:00 p.m. to alleviate concerns, answer questions and keep residents informed. The City will continue to update residents regularly about event and activity cancellations, facility closures and other information.
There is a multitude of events occurring throughout the month of March – the City will evaluate these events on a case-by-case basis and provide updates as they become available. Decisions are being made with the best intentions for the safety of our community.
Questions related to COVID-19 should be directed to the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121 or by email at COVID-19@FLHealth.gov.
Residents of Broward County concerned they may have been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms should call 954-412-7300 before traveling to any health care facility.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.09.13Battery, Burglary, and Baker Acts, Reported by Coral Springs Police