By: Sharon Aron Baron
A body that has been discovered in a heavily wooded area in Coral Springs has been identified as a woman who had been missing.
On Thursday, the Coral Springs Police Department received a report of a deceased female’s body lying in the heavily wooded approximately 30 feet into the wooded area just north of Sample Road and east of Coral Springs High School. The woman has been identified as Magdalena Weich, 38, of Coral Springs.
The day before, Magdalena’s boyfriend, Enrique Macotela reported her missing to the Coral Springs Police Department. Macotela reported that on August 18, Weich had told him she was going to Barnes & Noble, located at 2790 N. University Drive in Coral Springs to study. Macotela told police Weich never returned home and he was further concerned because he had spoken to her boss who said she did not show up for work.
Coral Springs Police are asking for public assistance regarding Weich’s suspicious death. Pending results from the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office, detectives believe the death is suspicious in nature due to the location of the body and manner in which it was discovered, and they are looking specifically for any individuals seen walking in the area at an unusual time or vehicles parked or appearing to be broken down in the area.
Anyone with information please call Sergeant Randy Rosenberg at 954-346-1794.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home