By Sharon Aron Baron
Thanks to the help of local citizens through Crime Stopper tips, Coral Springs Police have arrested and charged a female that was caught on store surveillance video using a victim’s identity to open a fraudulent Kohl’s credit account. The video of the female suspect was released to the media in the hopes of identifying her.
With the help of local citizens police received over 25 Crime Stoppers tips, 12 of which identified the female suspect as Kyesha Reed, 31, of Pembroke Pines.
On July 24, 2013, the female suspect Reed was seen on store surveillance video entering the Kohl’s located at 9001 W. Atlantic Blvd., in Coral Springs. Reed brought several items to a register for purchase. She then used fraudulent identification and the victim’s social security number to open a Kohl’s credit account in the amount of $800.00.Reed purchased over $369.00 in merchandise on this date.
On the same date she also used the victim’s information to open a fraudulent account at Macy’s in Coral Springs, but was unable to complete the transactions because she could not answer the security questions. Detectives received several witness statements and used video surveillance evidence to charge Reed with three felonies including; grand theft, fraudulent use of personal identification, and fraudulent creation and use of personal identification.
Reed also had an active warrant for fraudulent use of personal identification. Reed was located and arrested in Lauderdale Lakes on, September 6, 2013.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1