By Selene Raj
With primary elections coming up in August and general elections to follow in November, deadlines to register as well as request vote-by-mail ballots are approaching.
In Florida, the deadline to register to vote is 29 days before an election. Citizens can register to vote or update their existing voter registration online.
Florida is a closed-primary state, so in order to vote in the Republican primaries, one must be registered as a Republican. To vote in the Democratic primaries, one must be registered as a Democrat.
Election Day: Tuesday, August 18
Early voting: August 8 to August 15
Deadline to register or update registration: Monday, July 20
Election Day: Tuesday, November 3
Early voting: October 24 to October 31
Deadline to register or update registration: Monday, October 5
Any registered voter can request a vote-by-mail ballot in any election for any reason. With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to rapidly spread in Florida, voting by mail is an option that might become more popular.
Requests for vote-by-mail ballots must be received by the Supervisor of Elections no later than the 5:00 p.m. on the 10th day before an election.
Deadline to request a vote-by-mail ballot for the primaries: Saturday, August 8
Deadline to request a vote-by-mail ballot for the general election: Saturday, October 24
Even if a voter changes their mind and decides to vote in person instead, they can rip up their unused vote-by-mail ballots and vote in person, during early voting or on Election Day.
Requesting a vote-by-mail ballot can be quickly done online, and all that is needed is first and last name, date of birth, and house number. For more information on voting, visit the Broward Supervisor of Election’s website, or call (954) 357-7050.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master’s in Mass Communications in 2020 and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.02.16Amazing ‘Angel’ Selflessly Donates Kidney to Coral Springs Employee in Need
- News2021.01.08Woman in Search of Stranger Who Saved Her from Exploding Car
- News2021.01.06Rep Dan Daley Advocates for his District on 5 House Committees
- News2020.12.24Broward County Moves Forward with Curfew in Anticipation of Holiday Covid-19 Spike