By Ryan Yousefi
The Coral Springs Police Department is currently investigating a death that occurred at the Studio 6 Extended Stay Hotel.
On July 4, a call was received by CSPD about a person that was unresponsive at the Studio 6 Extended Stay Hotel located at 5645 North University Drive. It is unclear if the person in question was staying at the hotel.
According to CSPD Public Information Officer Francis Capre, the death is classified as an “unattended death,” and the department was unable to provide any additional information at this time.
“We did we receive a call yesterday (July 4) from the hotel about a death. We’re unable to label the death at this time as an active and open investigation is still in process.” Said Capre.
An unattended death label on a police report indicates that someone was found dead, and there were no witnesses to the death. There are several reasons for such a label. None in this instance were given, and Officer Capre cautioned that it is too early to say if the death will be investigated as a homicide.
We will update this story as more information is available.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2020.11.22Coral Springs Man Arrested For Robbery, Carjacking, and Domestic Assault After Wild Police Pursuit
- News2020.11.20Coral Springs Covid-19 Case Update through November 20
- News2020.11.18Coral Springs Covid-19 Case Update through November 18
- News2020.11.17Woman Arrested After Refusing To Leave Bonefish Mac’s 3 Times In The Same Night