By: Sharon Aron Baron
Detectives are searching for a man and a woman who used a fraudulent credit card to purchase a puppy and supplies at a Parkland pet store on January 11.
The man and woman, holding an infant, entered Puppy Plus at 7071 N. State Road 7 at 4 p.m. The Hispanic female who was in her early 30s with dark hair pulled back and wearing all black, was captured by security cameras at Puppy Plus. She carried a small child on her hip and walked around the store as if she were just another shopper. With her was a Hispanic male with dark curly hair, a beard with a stocky build. He wore a red or orange-colored T-shirt and dark shorts.
The couple walked around the store for approximately 30 minutes passing the baby back and forth between them before making their purchase using a fraudulent card for the beagle puppy and pet supplies totaling over $1500.
Detectives believe the thieves may have subsequently sold the puppy to a third party for cash.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Broward Sheriff’s Office Det. Robert Rutkowski at (954) 753-5050 or call Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Teen Among Elite Group of Students Named to Philanthropy Tank Class of 2021
- News2021.02.23CVS Will Offer COVID-19 Vaccinations Said Gov DeSantis
- Events2021.02.23Girl Scout Cookie Sales Are Here: Coral Springs Locations February 26-28
- Events2021.02.23Relay For Life Seeks Youth Performers for Fundraising Talent Show