Coral Springs Troop 10434 didn’t let COVID-10 stop them. They held their troop meetings virtually and put their STEM skills to work making hand sanitizer.
By Sharon Aron Baron
Thanks to a grant from Coral Springs Community Chest, the Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida will provide financial assistance to underprivileged girls living in the city.
Since 2005, the Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida has received $6,880 in funding from Coral Springs Community Chest, giving approximately 150 local girls the ability to join.
Lisa Johnson, CEO of Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, said thanks to the Coral Springs Community Chest, new Girl Scouts now meet with engaged mentors and advocates who guide them towards their next adventure.
“Girl Scouts are discovering diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies, connecting to their community by making care packages for nursing home residents and taking action throughout Coral Springs with local clean-ups and recycling programs,” said Johnson. “With the help of Coral Springs Community Chest, it is our goal that all girls who desire to become a Girl Scout would not have any financial barriers in their way.”
Offering exciting skill-building, life-changing, leader-inspiring activities for girls in K-12th grade, the Girl Scouts provides a virtual and in-person, safe and socially distanced program.
GSSEF serves nearly 10,000 girls in Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, and Okeechobee Counties. To explore opportunities to volunteer or partner, call 561-427-0177 or visit www.gssef.org.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs