By: Sharon Aron Baron
After a year of construction, the new Coral Springs ArtWalk will finally be completed. To celebrate, the City will be hosting a special grand opening event complete with a local brewery, food trucks and live entertainment.
“This will be a nice buffer between what will be downtown and the neighborhood, and it will look nice for events,” said Vice Mayor Larry Vignola. He said that the drainage canal along 31st court, which was converted into a culvert, was always covered with trash and garbage.
At approximately 1,300 linear feet running along the north side of NW 31 Court, the ArtWalk will provide residents the ability to safely walk back and forth between several areas, including The Walk.
The Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) and the Coral Springs City Commission brought this idea forward in 2014. Due to lack of a large vacant piece of land that could be utilized to accommodate the community’s wishes, the city decided that a viable solution could be the channeling of an existing canal that could be overlaid with an ArtWalk. It will have a 54 tent capacity, six pad art sculpture availability, over 300 linear feet of seat wall, an abundance of lush landscaping and will also complement and support the Festival of the Arts event held each spring.
“It looks a lot cleaner looking – nicer looking. There will be lighting installed along with Date and Royal Palms,” said Vignola. “With the Denny’s gone and Pei Wei moving in, it will look nice over there.”
The Grand Opening will be held on Friday, October 9 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. and will feature live entertainment, local art, craft beer from Funky Buddha Brewery, food trucks, and much more. Proceeds will benefit the Coral Springs Museum of Art.
The ArtWalk is located at 9405 NW 31st Court, between University Drive and Coral Hill Drive. Parking will be available at the Coral Springs Financial Plaza, MedArts in the Springs, and City Hall South lots. NW 31st Court will be closed to vehicles during the event.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event