The Coral Springs Multi-Cultural Advisory Committee is proud to announce “UNITOWN 2013” – a Youth Leadership and Diversity weekend designed for high school students who live in Coral Springs or who attend Coral Springs schools. UNITOWN is “A place to learn how each of us is different and discover how each of us is alike!” To enhance the diversity experience, students from the City of Lauderhill are also invited to participate.
This will be the 17th year of this very successful program, which will be held at the Gold Coast Camp in Lake Worth, Florida from Saturday, February 16 to Monday, February 18, 2013. UNITOWN will be facilitated by trained adult advisors and highly qualified professionals, who will focus on eliminating prejudices and bias while developing appreciation and sensitivity towards cultural differences.” Several other segments of the weekend training program focus on developing leadership skills and instill an interest in the importance of volunteering in school or the community at large.
Preference is given to recruiting freshmen, sophomores and juniors to give them an opportunity to put this valuable training into effect in their communities and schools. Seniors may be considered if space permits. A deposit of $50 is requested to hold the student’s spot, half of which is refunded upon completion of the program. The City of Coral Springs funds the expenses for the rest of the program, with the help of local sponsors.
Students who graduate from this program are afforded leadership opportunities in their schools and community. They are encouraged to join City Advisory Committees or get involved in community events and programs, thus enhancing their leadership skills and preparing them for their college experience.
Students who are interested in participating should contact Lydia Cutz at 954-344-1063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20
- News2021.04.14Coral Springs Man Catches Unbelievable Video of Meteor
- News2021.04.14J&J Appointment Canceled? Broward Health has a solution
- News2021.04.13City of Coral Springs Live-Streams 33rd Annual National Day of Prayer