By: Jen Russon
Ninth graders set to attend J.P. Taravella in the 2019-2020 school year are invited to an exclusive preview of their new high school at an upcoming event in August.
The “Bootcamp” is an annual summer event, which encourages students to meet with club advisors and mingle with others who are members. School guidance counselors will be on hand at the four-hour boot camp to help incoming freshman review specific requirements to graduate.
Principal Marietta DeArmas will also be available along with fellow administrators to answer questions at a Q&A session included with other activities, like a campus scavenger hunt.
While parents are free to drop off their freshman, they are also invited to linger and attend an informational meeting at 10 a.m. in the auditorium, sponsored by the PTA.
Lunch is included, and the event will take place from 8 a.m. to 12 pm on Tuesday, August 6, and is $20 per student and requires preregistration, accepted through August 5.
To register, click here, or, print the registration form and mail it, along with a personal check, to J.P. Taravella, to the attention of Ms. Jen Letizia or Ms. Madison Rabun.
The high school which serves Coral Springs and Tamarac students is located at 10600 Riverside Drive.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.08.03J.P. Taravella Drama Selling Spots for ‘Huge’ Garage Sale and Craft Show
- Events2021.07.26Meet J.P. Taravella’s New Band Director at Dessert Event
- Events2021.07.26New Principal at Forest Glen Middle Invites Students to Attend ‘Wildcat Academy’
- Events2021.07.23‘We Won’t Pay Rent!’ Teen Cast Prepares for Opening Night of Award-Winning Musical