By: Matt Rothman
It has been an incredible journey for Coral Springs Charter’s Kate Maston.
Despite playing baseball her entire life, Maston began competing for the Panthers varsity softball team this year and is only four wins away from becoming a State Champion.
She recently helped her team defeat Gulliver Prep in the Regional Quarterfinals after winning a District Championship a week ago against Calvary Christian Academy.
Despite competing on the JV baseball team, Maston says the experience has been great.
“It’s been really fun playing softball this year, and I’m really happy I decided to do both,” she said. “My teammates and coaches have helped me do the best I can this year.”
Maston is currently leading the team in batting with a .431 average. She also has four home runs, six doubles, and 22 RBIs while playing terrific defense in left field.
In her latest game, she helped lead her team to a 13-0 win with a pair of doubles and drove in two runs.
“Kate is a special talent,” said Head Coach Mark Montimurro. “She’s got a sweet swing, plays a tremendous outfield, and has a great feel for the game. She has been a huge addition to our program.”
Next, Maston and the Panthers will be back in action on Friday, May 13, in the Regional Semifinals against Westminister Academy. The Warriors are the five seed in the region but are coming off a 4-3 win in their last game to move to 17-6 this season. First pitch is scheduled for 6 p.m.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.06.29Coral Glades Baseball Helps Out Travel Team at Summer Camp
- News2022.06.29J.P. Taravella’s Derek Rodriguez Commits to Play College Baseball in Miami
- News2022.06.263 Coral Glades Football Players Set to Play at Same College
- News2022.06.19Former J.P. Taravella Pitcher Colby Lipovsky Throws Gem in NJCAA College World Series