By: Jen Russon
A Coral Springs resident, whose business focuses on launching podcasts, is joining forces with local leaders to discuss the hot button topic of ways civilians and police can better get along.
Mark Savant Media will moderate a live Facebook panel that explores some of the reasons behind social unrest between police and citizens seen across the United States.
Panelists include Mayor Scott J. Brook, Chief Clyde Parry, Commissioner Joshua Simmons, Broward County Mayor Dale Holness, and Gavin Felix, pastor at New Springs Church.
Savant said the panel would focus on topics like criminalization of drugs, police training and transparency, independent review boards, and shifting rhetoric away from defunding the police.
“The reason I decided to do this is because I’m seeing so many people in pain. We mostly post on social media how frustrated we are, but what we really need are solutions,” said Savant.
As both a long-time resident in Coral Springs and president of the Parkside community where he lives, Savant said he had no problem finding five panelists who were more than up to the task.
He said, bringing in both Broward and Coral Springs mayors gives a bit more insight into what our leaders are doing to establish trust in law enforcement.
As moderator, Savant said he hopes people will either email their questions or post them as comments on Facebook during the live debate that begins at 8 p.m. on Thursday, November 12, and should last until around 9:30 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at the imprint www.swallowpublishing.com. She lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- Crime & Safety2021.02.25Coral Springs Resident Behind Safety Town Gets Building Named After Her
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Talk Receives Proclamation From the City
- Crime & Safety2021.02.24$5,000 Reward Offered for Identity of Man Who Set Fire to Coral Springs Home
- Crime & Safety2021.02.22Man Seeks Help Identifying Arsonist Who Targeted Parents’ Home