By Ryan Yousefi
A Pompano Beach man was placed under arrest and charged with domestic battery by strangulation after a fight with his girlfriend over his refusal to perform a sexual act on her birthday.
Alexander Abram, 30, of Pompano Beach, was arrested on July 12 and charged with domestic battery by strangulation. The Coral Springs Police Department received a call that led to his arrest at 2:01 a.m. from a residence located at the 11000 block of Royal Palm Boulevard.
According to the police report, immediately upon arrival at the residence, officers were met by Abram, who quickly told his side of the story. Abram said he and his girlfriend were watching a movie when she became angry that he had not performed a promised sexual act for her birthday.
Abram claimed his girlfriend slapped him first, which led to him grabbing her near her throat. He stated he did not intend to harm her but acted out of instinct.
Officers then proceeded inside the residence where they were able to make contact and conduct an interview with the girlfriend, who had a different, more violent version of events.
The victim indicated to police the fight with Abram was indeed over his refusal to provide a sexual act he promised for her birthday, but the assault was the result of his reaction to her telling Abram if he would not perform the act, she would call someone else that would.
According to the victims’ statement, she then went to the kitchen to make a phone call, which is where Abram rushed in and picked her up by the throat against the refrigerator. She said she was unable to breathe for some time, and then he threw her against a kitchen counter.
Officers observed injuries consistent with domestic battery, took pictures, and provided the victim with domestic assault information.
Abram was transported to the Coral Springs Police Department for booking before being transported to the Broward County main jail.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2021.01.15Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Florida Sees Near-Record Number of Cases
- News2021.01.13Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Cases Continue To Spike Across Florida
- News2021.01.10Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Florida Sees Extremely High Weekend Case Numbers
- News2021.01.07Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Florida Sets Record For Single-Day Cases