By Kevin Deutsch
A man stopped for speeding in Coral Springs was found with credit cards belonging to eight people and the personal information of more than five, records show.
On June 8, Reynold Devon Philisma, 26, of North Miami, was clocked driving 71 mph in a 45 mph zone as he drove north in a white vehicle in the 4000 block of N. State Rd. 7, according to his arrest affidavit.
After police smelled marijuana in his vehicle, they searched it and found an array of debit and credit cards belonging to other people. The cards were found inside an envelope, the vehicle’s center console, and in Philisma’s wallet, records show.
A small amount of marijuana was also found in the vehicle, which Philisma was driving without a driver’s license, records show.
Police said Philisma was uncooperative when asked about the credit and debit cards.
“He advised that the cards in the vehicle were not his and must have been put in the vehicle by someone else,” wrote Coral Springs Police Officer Brett Sollin, who made the traffic stop.
Alongside some of the cards, Sollin found financial paperwork containing Philisma’s personal information.
“Based on my investigation and the location of the credit/debit cards,” the officer wrote, “I determined Philisma was in possession of the personal information of more than five people.”
Philisma was arrested on charges of unlawfully possessing the personal identification of another, marijuana possession, driving without a license, and speeding.
He could not immediately be reached for comment Thursday.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2021.12.02Capitol Rioter From Coral Springs Says He Was “In The Bathroom Pooping” During Violence
- Crime & Safety2021.12.02Jail Booking Photo Shows Man Restrained by BSO
- Crime & Safety2021.11.28Coral Springs Police Arrest Driver With 22 License Suspensions
- News2021.11.26Coral Springs Crime Update: Extortion and Battery on a School Employee