Since the recent measles outbreak, there has once again been a public clash between the medical establishment and those advocating for a more natural and holistic approach to medicine. The stakes are high and the debate is much greater than just vaccines.
Whether discussing surgery, using pharmaceuticals, self-diagnosis and treatment, or dealing with chronic illness; these two ideologies differ strongly.
Chabad Center of Jewish Life in Coral Springs will be hosting a Medical Debate on February 22, to help educate the community on the contemporary health issues that affect many of us, and to enable the public to have a better understanding of the benefits and risks involved in various treatments, or the lack thereof.
“Not everyone realizes how important health and care for our body is in the Jewish thought process” explains Rabbi Yankie Denburg, the director of the Chabad Center. “For a soul to be healthy, it needs a healthy body.”
The presenters will be Dr. Ralph Zagha who is an acclaimed urologist and Chief of Surgery at the Florida Medical Campus who incorporates some of the newest technologies available in his practice. To present the holistic approach to the same issues will be Dr. David Levi, a naturopathic doctor who has thousands of hours in clinical training and believes strongly in the body’s ability to heal itself with natural remedies.
The doors will open at 7:00 pm Sunday, February 22nd at the Chabad of Southwest Coral Springs on 11325 W. Atlantic Blvd. Coral Springs. The debate will start at 7:30 p.m. followed by an open Q&A period. Refreshments will be served. The cost is $10 a person, $18 a couple.
For more info or to RSVP for this educational seminar please call 954-471-8646 or visit www.chabadSWcoralSprings.org.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.30Embrace Your Wild Side at Camp Wild Over Thanksgiving Break
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday