By Sharon Aron Baron
Two FBI agents were shot and killed early Tuesday morning while attempting to serve a court-ordered federal search warrant.
Special Agent Dan Alfin, 36, was born in New York and joined the FBI in 2009 with his initial assignment to the FBI’s Albany, New York, office. He has been assigned to FBI Miami since 2017 and has worked on crimes against children violations for over six years. He is survived by his wife and one child.
Special Agent Laura Schwartzenberger, 43, was born in Pueblo, Colorado, and joined the FBI in 2005. Her initial assignment was with the FBI’s Albuquerque, New Mexico, office. She was reassigned to FBI Miami in 2010 and has worked crimes against children cases for over seven years. Schwartzenberger was a resident of Coral Springs and is survived by her husband and two children.
According to the FBI, while a team of law enforcement officers was executing a federal court-ordered search warrant regarding a child-pornography probe when the suspect, David Lee Huber, 55, of Sunrise, opened fire.
In a statement, FBI Miami Special Agent in Charge George Piro said Dan and Laura left home Tuesday morning to carry out the mission they signed up for and loved to do—to keep the American people safe. They were valuable members of our team. They will forever be heroes. We will always honor their ultimate sacrifice.
Funeral arrangements have not been announced.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event