By Jill Fox
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball is launching a new fundraiser with the hopes of refurbishing its field.
Due to tight budget constraints, the 2021 National Champions do not receive significant funding from Broward County.
Rafael Rodriguez, president of the MSD Eagles Baseball Program, said it’s self-funded and relies on private fundraising donations through the Douglas Diamond Booster Club to operate.
Rizzo, known for his community efforts, jumped at the opportunity to help his school when he heard the difficulties student-athletes were facing due to inadequate lighting around the baseball and softball fields.
With no additional updates in more than 30 years, the field and facilities are in dire need of renovation.
The “Field For Dreams” fundraiser seeks tax-deductible contributions from local businesses and baseball fans to refurbish “Anthony Rizzo Field” into a baseball facility the community will be proud to call ‘Home Field.’
“We believe that once the community is aware of the need, they’ll eagerly step up to support their beloved Stoneman Douglas Eagles Baseball Teams,” said Rodriguez.
Contributions should be sent to Douglas Diamond Booster Club, P.O. Box 8454, Coral Springs, FL 33075-8454 or sent electronically through Zelle to: email@example.com.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2022.01.13Developer To Revise Plans For Heron Bay Development Project
- News2021.12.23‘It’s A Christmas Miracle’: Man Survives From Heart Attack Thanks to Good Samaritan
- Crime & Safety2021.12.17Coral Springs Neighborhood On Alert After Vehicle Break-In
- News2021.12.12Kids Can Enjoy the Great Outdoors at Spitfire Farm’s Holiday Horse Camp