By: Sharon Aron Baron
The North Springs Little League baseball team are heading to regionals in South Carolina on Thursday and they need the community’s help.
According to President Mike Hendrix, they just found out last Sunday that they qualified for the SE Regional Championship in Greenville so this has left them little time to raise money. The team has set up a GoFundMe page and will be holding a fundraiser at Pasquales on Tuesday evening at The Shoppes at Heron Lakes, 5609 Coral Ridge Drive where the restaurant is donating 15 percent of the proceeds back to the team.
At the regionals, the 13 and 14 year olds – who mostly attend Coral Springs Middle School, will play against all of the other state champions from the southeast. If the North Springs Little League wins this tournament, their next stop will be Taylor Michigan for the Little League Juniors World Series where they will play against the other regional champions from around the country as well as the eight international winners.
“This is the 7th state championship for North Springs Little League but the first ever for our Juniors Division and will only be the second time in League History that we will have a chance to go to a World Series,” said Hendrix.
If you are interested in helping the team you can visit their GoFundME page.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.25Latest Crime Update for Coral Springs Through October 20
- News2020.10.23Trader Joe’s Sets Opening Date in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest