By Jen Russon
With no indication they are in a seventh-inning slump, smiling players on the Panthers 10u youth softball team thanked frontline workers for keeping everybody safe during the COVID-19 crisis.
The video was produced by Nicole Bardugone, a parent of one of the athletes. Her daughter was among several thanking Coral Springs heroes for their ongoing dedication in both the line of duty and the frontlines of healthcare.
“You do so much for us, and I just want to say I appreciate you,” said a Panther named Elise.
Her fellow teammates gave similar messages of support. They showed the kind of enthusiasm the Youth Softball Association of Coral Springs is known for out on the field, practicing in Cypress Park.
You’d never guess from the Panthers’ positive attitude, their Spring season kickoff came to an abrupt halt in March due to Coronavirus.
The girls recorded their messages while observing social distancing, thanking medical personnel, police, and fire rescue workers.
YSACS welcomes players between the ages of 5 and 16 and has a travel program that lets players compete in tournaments representing Coral Springs across the state of Florida.
Got News? Send a message to Coral Springs #1 news site
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- NewsApril 27, 2022First Presbyterian Church Welcomes 5th Senior Pastor, Dr. David Barry
- NewsApril 26, 2022Coral Springs Charter Baseball Player Knocks Another One Out of the Park with ‘Promposal’
- EventsApril 26, 2022Mother’s Day ‘Sip and Stroll’ Comes to Coral Springs May 1
- EventsApril 21, 2022Coral Springs Improvement District Offering Food and Fun at Open House, April 30