By: Sharon Aron Baron
A domestic violence incident ends with the death of a Parkland woman in her own home.
At 11:13 a.m. Sunday, February 2, deputies from BSO in Parkland and Coral Springs Fire Rescue responded to a medical call of a possible stabbing at the home of Dacota Stewart-Dick and Alrick Oral Brown at 12471 N.W. 78 Manor in the Heron Bay development.
Deputies found the body of Stewart-Dick on the floor with apparent stab wounds. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene by Coral Spring Fire Rescue. CSFR transported Oral Brown to Broward Heath North to receive treatment for non-life-threatening injuries.
The incident began as a domestic disturbance.
Dacota Stewart-Dick’s last updated profession shows she was a Higher Education Administrator at Palm Beach State College. The family had lived in their Parkland home three years and had no history of law enforcement calls to their residence.
More information as it happens.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.17Official 2021/22 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- News2021.05.17Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution May 19, Volunteers Needed
- News2021.05.16Winner of Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest Announced
- News2021.05.14City of Coral Springs Honors Nurses and Volunteers from COVID19 Vaccine Site