Joseph Hilton and Adam T. Forman
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Police are investigating a loan modification and debt consolidation business in Coral Springs whose owners presented themselves as attorneys but were not licensed with the state.
Asset Protection Law Firm at 3921 NW 126th Avenue was owned by Joseph Hilton, 56, and Adam T. Forman, 48. On Thursday, a multi-agency search warrant was initiated by the Coral Springs and Boca Raton Police, the Secret Service and the U.S. Attorney General’s Office to the business.
Asset Protection Law Firm claims to offer residential loan modification services and debt consolidation work. The business has used several names over the past two years including: Consumer Legal Advocates II, LLC, Consumer Legal Advocates, INC, The Asset Protection Law Firm, P.A., The Asset Protection Law Group, P.A., Oracle Marketing Co. and Consumer Legal Resources of Florida, LLC.
The Coral Springs SWAT team executed the warrant and 15 people were working in the business at the time. Joseph Hilton was arrested and taken into custody and Adam Forman is still at large.
According to Sergeant Scott Myers with the Coral Springs Police Department, they believe there are upwards of 300 victims that may be involved in this fraud. “If any person believes that they are a victim of this business, they’re urged to contact Jason DeLuca,” he said.
Anyone with information please contact Detective Deluca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee