By: Jen Russon
In a special video created to assure students at Coral Glades High School, that teachers and staff have their back, Dr. Mark Kaplan, principal at the high school, told students how much they were missed.
Relatively new to the school, Kaplan, who became principal of CGHS last year, appears at the end of a cheerful video, sad over his school’s closure, yet committed to doing what’s right during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We’d love to be back in the jungle with you,” he lamented from his home in Coral Springs, adding that it is critically vital everyone in the Jaguar family follows shelter in place orders so they can return to school healthy.
The video was Kaplan’s idea and was edited by the high school’s TV production teacher Dan Alonso. Assistant principal Michele Stein also helped get the message out that teachers and staff desperately miss the kids.
Like quite a few schools in Coral Springs and Parkland, CGHS is yet another institution of learning that produced a video showing that learning from home can still be fun.
“Of course, we really feel bad for our seniors who have had one of the most special times of their lives taken from them because of this. We just wanted to remind them all how much we care and are with them- even if it’s only online,” said Kaplan.
The principal added a promise that is shared by all his colleagues, and evident in a video where they flash optimistic signs to a song by the same name: ‘You Can Count On Us’.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.07.26Meet J.P. Taravella’s New Band Director at Dessert Event
- Events2021.07.26New Principal at Forest Glen Middle Invites Students to Attend ‘Wildcat Academy’
- Events2021.07.23‘We Won’t Pay Rent!’ Teen Cast Prepares for Opening Night of Award-Winning Musical
- Events2021.07.17United Way of Broward County Hopes to Train 300 Volunteers for ‘ReadingPals’ Literacy Program