By: Sharon Aron Baron
One of Coral Springs most famous residents will soon be moving away. Pro Golfer Lexi Thompson, 18, is looking north at Palm Beach Gardens to make her new home there, according to The Palm Beach Post.
At 12 years old, Thompson was the youngest golfer to qualify for the U.S. Women’s Open. She turned professional in 2010 at age 15 and the next year, Thompson set a new record as being the youngest-ever winner of an LPGA tournament at age 16, when she won the Navistar LPGA Classic.
Thompson’s two brothers also are golfers: Nicholas Thompson, plays professionally on the PGA Tour and Curtis Thompson attends Louisiana State University. Lexi was home-schooled and told an interviewer in September 2012 that she had “graduated a few months ago.”
Golf courses in Palm Beach Gardens include BallenIsles Country Club, Old Palm Golf Club, PGA National Golf Club, Frenchman’s Reserve, Frenchman’s Creek Country Club, Country Club at Mirasol, Eastpointe Country Club, Eastpointe Golf and Racquet Country Club, Old Marsh Club, and Palm Beach Gardens Golf Course. These are only the courses located directly in Palm Beach Gardens. There are still many others in neighboring areas, such as North Palm Beach, Palm Beach and Lake Worth. In fact, Palm Beach County has more golf courses than any other county in the country.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home