By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you were driving in Coral Springs on Sunday, then you probably saw activists lining University Drive holding anti-abortion signs. The event was part of Life Chain which encourages people from all over the U.S. and Canada to spend 90 minutes minutes praying for our nation, and for an end to abortion.
Tewannah Aman Director of Broward County Right to Life, as well as part of with Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale, organized the event with area churches.
“I think that it was a good turnout from the different places that I’ve heard from so far. We know that God answers our prayers, and we know that what we did today generates conversation.”
Aman, who says she once had an abortion and is still suffering psychologically from it, wants to bring the discussion of abortion to the forefront instead of behind closed doors. “My focus is to help women that are struggling with their abortions.”
At the intersection of University Drive and Sample Road on Sunday, the event drew over 50 activists holding signs, which Aman insisted that the people holding them were praying, not protesting. “Every single year churches throughout Broward County promote Life Chain, it’s an opportunity for us to come out and pray.”
Aman said that this is all part of the 40 Days for Life mobilization that happens between September 24 through November 24 where pro-life Christian activists will stand at clinics like the Fort Lauderdale Women’s in Oakland Park and A Woman’s Center of Hollywood, for 12-hours a day hoping to convince patients to change their minds.
She said that there are churches that will help women who do not want to have an abortion, “We have maternity homes in our church that we could take them to if they had no place to go, or connect [the mother] to some form of outreach to get her some help. At Calvary Chapel, we have an aftercare home that will help her with her child. It doesn’t matter what religion they are.”
Area churches that participated today were St Andrew Catholic Church and Mary Help of Christian Church.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event