By: Sharon Aron Baron
Food lovers will gather again at The Cook & The Cork restaurant for its 2nd annual Young Culinarian Scholarship Foundation fundraising event, which raises scholarship funds for young chefs.
This year’s event is a “Bayou” party which will be held on the half acre site of The Cook and The Cork and will feature Louisiana’s culinary riches with gumbo, jambalaya, BBQ, crawfish, and oyster bar, with wines and beers to match along with live zydeco music for entertainment.
A much anticipated highlight of the afternoon will be the local high school culinary “chopped” competition. It will be judged by local celebrities and dignitaries.
The event will be held Sunday, May 3, 2015 from 12 p.m – 5 p.m. Limited tickets available now for $45 or $50 at the door for adults and $18 for ages 13-20 or $20- at the door. Under 12 suggested donation is $10. Tickets available here.
About the Charity:
The Cook and The Cork Young Culinarian Scholarship Fund is headed by The Cook and The Cork owners, Chef Keith Blauschild & Dena Lowell. They are passionate about culinary excellence, and see the need to nurture young chef’s dreams by providing scholarship funds. The charity’s focus, while helping students, also promotes and ensures that there will always be quality professionals in our restaurant’s kitchens.
Proceeds from this year’s event will be awarded to The Culinary Institute of America’s (CIA) Alumni Scholarship Foundation. The CIA is the world’s premiere not-for-profit culinary college in the United States.
Chef Keith Blauschild
Chef Keith is an alumni of theThe Culinary Institute of America, and serves on the school’s Alumni Council. Keith’s kitchen is a place for learning. Besides the local teens that Keith regularly teaches in his kitchen, he works with the JP Taravella High School Culinary Pro-Star team. The Cook and The Cork is an externship location for the CIA. Keith is also a certified ACE judge evaluator with the American Culinary Federation.
The Cook & The Cork is located at 9890 West Sample Road Coral Springs, Florida 33065 954-227-2665
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.10.17Battery, Burglary and Extortion This Week in Coral Springs Crime