By: Sharon Aron Baron
Several South Florida teen bands will compete in the Battle for the Boardwalk – Battle of the Bands Event where members 20 years of age and younger will each perform 20 minute sets to impress industry professional judges.
The grand prize? A six hour recording session at Power Station Recording Studios in Pompano Beach.
The Battle is unique from other band competitions because it is specifically targeted to young musicians. Many contests of this nature are offered only to those 21 years of age and up.
Grand Prize sponsor, Power Station Recording Studios, is co-owned by Tony Bongiovi, creator of the legendary Power Station Studios in New York City and well known in the music business for producing records for Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Aldo Nova, the Scorpions, Ozzy Osbourne, and more. Bongiovi is expected to make an appearance at the event.
The Battle will be held on Sunday, May 3, 2015 at O’Malley’s Sports Bar in Margate, and is hosted by the Coral Springs School of Rock House Band with proceeds from the event to benefit the House Band’s Summer 2015 Tour. The House Band is an audition based performance group comprised of students, ages 8-17, from the Coral Springs School of Rock. House Band members perform at festivals, events and venues all over the area, volunteer and represent the school in the community.
This summer, House Bands from five Florida School of Rock locations will embark on a bus tour with shows in several cities along the east coast and a finale performance at a two day music festival on the beach in Wildwood, New Jersey.
All ages are welcome to attend the Battle. Event tickets are $13 and include a buffet lunch.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20
- News2021.04.14Coral Springs Man Catches Unbelievable Video of Meteor
- News2021.04.14J&J Appointment Canceled? Broward Health has a solution
- News2021.04.13City of Coral Springs Live-Streams 33rd Annual National Day of Prayer