By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital will be celebrating its 20th annual benefit Gala, “Wishes for Wildlife” on November 11. Featured speaker Dan Martinelli, executive director of the Treasure Coast Wildlife Hospital, will share his extensive knowledge about Florida ecology and entertain with anecdotes from his experiences rescuing and rehabilitating Florida’s wild animals.
Executive Director Allan Rose said that he anticipates a “bigger and better Gala” with many new and exciting auction items for guests to bid on. “This is our main fundraiser for medical supplies, food, caging and other critical needs for injured and orphaned wildlife that the public brings to us. The calls to us for help are increasing as the area’s human population growth explodes.”
The organization, located at Coral Springs’ Sportsplex Park in northwest Broward provides environmental education programs for children and adults focusing on South Florida’s unique, fragile Everglades and its many resident species.
“With the impact of hurricane Irma on animals this year, we especially need people to support the Gala,” said Rose.
The gala will be held on Saturday, November 11, at 6 p.m. in the Coral Springs Marriott Hotel. Individual tax-deductible tickets are $100 per person. Call 954-752-9453 or visit Sawgrass Nature Center.
To become a Gala sponsor, a program display advertiser or to reserve a table for 10 people, contact Robin Reccasina at [email protected] Or 954-752-WILD (9453).
The Coral Springs Marriott Hotel is at 11775 Heron Bay Blvd. ?Coral Springs, FL 33065
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs Teen Among Elite Group of Students Named to Philanthropy Tank Class of 2021
- News2021.02.23CVS Will Offer COVID-19 Vaccinations Said Gov DeSantis
- Events2021.02.23Girl Scout Cookie Sales Are Here: Coral Springs Locations February 26-28
- Events2021.02.23Relay For Life Seeks Youth Performers for Fundraising Talent Show