By Ryan Yousefi
A rideshare driver shared his car with the wrong customer, leading to a robbery at knifepoint and police finding the suspect in a dumpster.
Lincoln Abraham Grant, 22, of Coral Springs, was arrested and charged with robbery with a deadly weapon on June 21, near McDonald’s located at 11655 West Sample Road.
According to the report, the Coral Springs Police Department received a call at 1:28 p.m. from a man indicating that he was a driver, and had been robbed at knifepoint by a customer. The man told police the suspect had fled on foot, and he was following him in his car.
The driver, who didn’t want the name of his company released, told police he had picked-up Grant earlier in the day and taken him to multiple locations throughout Broward and Miami-Dade counties, before ending the ride at the McDonald’s on Sample Road.
There, the victim says Grant, who was sitting in the passenger seat, took out a pocketknife, brandished the blade towards the driver, and demanded money.
The rideshare driver told police he feared for his life, so he handed Grant $500, and Grant exited the vehicle.
In the statement he gave to police, the victim followed Grant and yelled that he should give him his money back, or he was going to call the police, to which Grant replied, “Good, call the police.”
The report said Grant then fled on foot eastbound. Once police arrived, a brief search resulted in the capture of Grant, who was found hiding inside of a dumpster at 11711 West Sample Road.
Upon his capture, CSPD learned Grant had a warrant out for his arrest from prior incidents. Grant was placed under arrest and transported to Coral Springs Police Department for booking and later transferred to the Broward County jail.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2021.01.15Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Florida Sees Near-Record Number of Cases
- News2021.01.13Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Cases Continue To Spike Across Florida
- News2021.01.10Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Florida Sees Extremely High Weekend Case Numbers
- News2021.01.07Coral Springs COVID-19 Update: Florida Sets Record For Single-Day Cases