By Agrippina Fadel
South Florida’s Craft Show is coming to Coral Springs with three festive events — just in time for the holidays.
The lineup starts with the Halloween Bash on Sunday, October 30, from 12 to 4 p.m., with a costume contest, trick or treating, music, and a spooky array of products from local small businesses.
The next one is the Holiday Edition on Saturday, November 12, from 11 to 4 p.m., with a toy drive, a cash bar, and a great selection of handmade gifts.
The last one is South Florida’s Craft Show Christmas Party, on Saturday, December 17, from 11 to 4 p.m. The show includes a toy distribution event, with drinks served and music by DJ Elite. Visitors are encouraged to come in their best ugly Christmas Sweaters.
Korina Torres, South Florida’s Craft Show owner, started the shows in 2018, with the first held at the LaQuinta.
“I’ve had them monthly ever since, and even though pandemic managed to get the shows up and running as soon as the restrictions allowed it, and while observing all the recommendations,” she said.
Torres now hosts shows in Delray and Davie and will add two more locations in 2023, one in Boca Raton and the other at Coral Springs Sportsplex.
She added that the exhibition space at LaQuinta can fit 55 vendors, and the show focuses on small, handcrafted businesses.
“Crochet, paper crafters, vinyl businesses, self-care products such as soaps, scrubs, and skincare, artists making stickers, cookies, bonnets, and waist beads, — we have all things you’d find on Etsy, but it’s all local makers,” Torres explained, adding that the vendors at every event are different.
The fee at LaQuinta is $100 for a 6ft table and two chairs. The events typically run four to five hours with a two-hour setup for vendors.
All three shows are held indoors at LaQuinta Inn Coral Springs, located at 3701 University Dr.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master’s in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- Events2022.11.26Coral Springs Church Offers Unique Multi-Sensory Worship Service
- Events2022.11.24Coral Springs Coconut Creek Chamber Throws a Happy Hour for Local Professionals
- News2022.11.22Winter Magic Returns With the 10th Annual Light Up the Night Holiday Party
- Events2022.11.21Chabad of Coral Springs Offers Thanksgiving Boxes to Families in Need