Tickets go on sale for STOMP in Coral Springs
By Sharon Aron Baron
Let’s make some noise.
STOMP, the international percussion sensation, makes its Coral Springs premiere with tickets going on sale Friday, September 9 at 10 a.m.
From its beginnings as a street performance in the UK, over the last 28 years, STOMP has grown into an international sensation, having performed in more than 50 countries and in front of more than 24 million people.
Created by Luke Cresswell and Steve McNicholas, STOMP continues its phenomenal run with four global productions: the ongoing sell-out production at New York’s Orpheum Theatre, a permanent London company, and North American and European tours.
Throughout its life, the show has continued to change by creating new material; This season, it will incorporate two new pieces. It is safe to say you will never again look at supermarket carts or plumbing fixtures the same way.
STOMP, an overwhelming success marked by rave reviews, numerous awards, and sell-out engagements, is the winner of an Olivier Award for Best Choreography (London’s Tony Award), a New York Obie Award, a Drama Desk Award for Unique Theatre Experience, and a Special Citation from Best Plays.
The performers “make a rhythm out of anything we can get our hands on that makes a sound,” says co-founder/director Luke Cresswell. A unique combination of percussion, movement, and visual comedy, STOMP has created its own inimitable, contemporary form of rhythmic expression: both household and industrial objects find new life as musical instruments in the hands of an idiosyncratic band of body percussionists.
Synchronized stiff-bristle brooms become a sweeping orchestra; eight Zippo lighters flip open and closed to create a fiery fugue: wooden poles thump and clack in a rhythmic explosion. STOMP uses everything but conventional percussion instruments – dustbins, tea chests, radiator hoses, boots, hub caps – to fill the stage with a compelling and unique act that is often imitated but never duplicated.
STOMP performs on Wednesday, February 2, 2023, at 7:30 p.m. at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts at 2855 Coral Springs Drive. Tickets start at $53.50.
For more information, please call 954-344-5990 or visit www.TheCenterCS.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.10.01Sold-Out Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2022.09.22Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.21Pets of the Week: Riley and Butterball Are Ready for Adoption
- Events2022.09.19TICKET ALERT: The Hip Hop Nutcracker Celebrates its 10th Season at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts