By Jill Fox
For those most vulnerable to COVID-19, leaving their homes has quickly become scarier and more difficult.
Stores in Coral Springs, where the city has issued a shelter-in-place order, are trying to make grocery shopping a little easier. Many created special hours specifically for seniors, people with disabilities, and those with compromised immune systems to shop in a less-crowded environment.
Every weekday at The Fresh Market, anyone 65 and older and other individuals most at risk, as identified by the CDC, can shop from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is opening one hour early, from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. for anyone 60 and older to shop. Look for the designated entrance.
Whole Foods Market is also opening one hour early for guests 60 and older to shop, starting at 7 a.m.
At Publix Super Market, anyone 65 and older can shop on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Target and their CVS Pharmacies have reserved the first hour of shopping on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for their most vulnerable guests, including those ages 65 and older, pregnant women, and those with underlying health concerns.
At Walgreen’s, every Tuesday is Seniors Day with all-day discounts and seniors-only shopping from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
From now through April 28, Walmart stores will open one hour early on Tuesdays for seniors age 60 and older to shop, from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m.
In addition to the special shopping hours for those most at risk for the coronavirus, most stores have also expanded their delivery and pick-up options, including curbside pick-up and contactless delivery.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.27Local Family Raises $7,000 Selling Watermelon for a Great Cause
- Events2021.07.26Former Coral Springs Softball Player Forms New Girls’ 12U Team
- Events2021.07.25Jewish Culture Organization Opens Headquarters In Coral Springs
- Events2021.06.28Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings At Family Bagels