By: Jen Russon
Coral Springs police responded to an altercation between two male students at Coral Springs High School at 2:59 p.m. on Friday. Officers responding to the scene at 7201 W Sample Road confirmed it was knife fight that took place in the north parking lot of the school.
The student found with a knife taken into custody; the other student incurred non-life threatening injuries and was transported to an area hospital.
Officer Francis Capre said he arrived at the scene after the incident occurred. He said many activities take place after high school dismissal at 2:40 p.m., so he was not surprised there had been a fight less than 20 minutes after the last bell rang.
Capre said details on what provoked the students to fight are not yet available.
“Because the students are minors, their names cannot be released. The name of the hospital where one of the students was treated also cannot be released.”
The officer said that information like the students’ ages, grade and race are not yet confirmed. He explained that this is an ongoing investigation, and detectives are still conducting interviews with the two students and witnesses.
This is a developing story; please check back for more information.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at the imprint www.swallowpublishing.com. She lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2021.01.19Activists Want City to Reconsider Removal of Basketball Courts from Park
- News2021.01.17Soccer Event Honoring Memory of Coral Springs Teen Raises Over $1,200
- News2021.01.13Coral Springs Family Grateful to Make-a-Wish for ‘Making a Dream Come True’
- News2021.01.08Teachers Set to Return to Classrooms Monday as Health Accommodations Expire