By: Jen Russon
Coral Springs police responded to an altercation between two male students at Coral Springs High School at 2:59 p.m. on Friday. Officers responding to the scene at 7201 W Sample Road confirmed it was knife fight that took place in the north parking lot of the school.
The student found with a knife taken into custody; the other student incurred non-life threatening injuries and was transported to an area hospital.
Officer Francis Capre said he arrived at the scene after the incident occurred. He said many activities take place after high school dismissal at 2:40 p.m., so he was not surprised there had been a fight less than 20 minutes after the last bell rang.
Capre said details on what provoked the students to fight are not yet available.
“Because the students are minors, their names cannot be released. The name of the hospital where one of the students was treated also cannot be released.”
The officer said that information like the students’ ages, grade and race are not yet confirmed. He explained that this is an ongoing investigation, and detectives are still conducting interviews with the two students and witnesses.
This is a developing story; please check back for more information.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- Events2019.07.22Registration Open for Freshman and New Student ‘Bootcamp’ at Coral Glades High School
- Events2019.07.20J.P. Taravella Offers Freshman ‘Bootcamp’ for Incoming Ninth Graders
- Crime & Safety2019.07.17Accident Leaves Coral Springs Family Devastated, Their Questions Unanswered
- News2019.07.12Coral Springs School for Special Needs Students May Close