By: Sharon Aron Baron
The saying goes that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day, and it was certainly true at The Tennis Center of Coral Springs which hosted a round robin for women’s doubles where everyone enjoyed an Irish themed luncheon following the tournament.
With twenty women participating in a changing partner’s format, first prize went to Yvonne Smith, followed by Cheryl McCurdy and Toni Espey and the best outfit went to Nina Eisenfeld.
An Irish themed buffet lunch followed the round robin which was prepared by the Tennis Center’s Chef Steve. Bottles of wine, donated by Breakthru Beverage, were awarded as prizes for the top scorers and the best Irish outfit.
“All in all, it was a very festive event and a good time was had by all,” said Tennis Director Kevin McCarthy.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.07Register Now for the ‘King of Coral Springs’ Chess Tournament in Coral Springs
- News2021.05.06Pet Therapy Dogs Delivers Message in Honor of National Nurses Week
- News2021.05.06City of Coral Springs Facilities Still Require Face Masks, Despite Executive Order
- News2021.05.06Pet Supermarket Honors a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ that Helps Students Learn