By: Sharon Aron Baron
The easiest way to avoid human-to-human contact is to complete your 2020 Census online by June 1.
By completing it now, you avoid the need for a census taker to visit your home, and you can help shape Coral Springs’ future.
The census data will determine how much money will go to local hospitals, fire departments, schools, roads, and other resources in your community.
While non-essential workers are on stay-at-home orders, there’s never been an easier time to respond now to fill out your census online. Here are the three ways to respond:
- Online: Each household has received a postcard with a personal code to complete the census online via a computer or smartphone.
- By phone: If you prefer, you may call to complete the census by phone in 13 languages. Language guides will also be offered in 59 languages.
- By mail: If you have not responded to the Census, you will receive a form via mail.
The 2020 Census does NOT ask whether you or anyone in your home is a U.S. citizen. Your answers cannot be shared with law enforcement nor used against you.
The Census will NEVER ask you for social security numbers, money or donations, anything on behalf of a political party, or Bank or credit card account numbers.
By law, the information cannot be shared with law enforcement, including Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or the Internal Revenue Service. Title 13 is clear that the data collected can only be used for statistical purposes, and your privacy is protected.
Respond now to the 2020 Census.
Keep Sharing Your Tips to Coral Springs Talk Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts