The City of Coral Springs presented their Memorial Day service held at Veterans Park this morning.
Dedicated to all the veterans who fought or died in service to their country, the service was led by Alan Paley of the Jewish War Veterans Post 606. The Invocation was given by Deacon Denis Mieyal of St. Andrew Catholic Church and the Presentation of Colors was given by Major Rick Strul and the Coral Springs Civil Air Patrol.
Featured speaker this year was U.S. Congressman Ted Deutch, who serves Florida’s 19th District in the House of Representatives. Deutch told the story of Private First Class Michael Metcalf who died in service recently. Metcalf, 22, was with the US Army and died Sunday, April 22, while serving his country . He was born May 15, 1989, here in Coral Springs, and was the son of Ceejay and Kimberly Metcalf. Michael was a resident of Boynton Beach, Florida.
The Coral Springs Honor Guard presented the Salute Volley, this is where they fire blank cartridges into the air. The Coral Springs Police Honor Guard played Echo Taps.
Mayor Roy Gold, Vice Mayor Tom Powers, Commissioners Vince Boccard, Claudette Bruck and Larry Vignola all gave special messages.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts