By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs will host a Free Virtual Safety Town where elementary-aged children will have the opportunity to learn important and valuable lessons about safety through videos and printable e-books.
For more than 30 years, the Summer Safety Town program has been in Coral Springs. It is run each year with the support of the Kiwanis Club of Coral Springs, volunteers, and city staff — and was crucial that regardless of the COVID-19 pandemic, they found a solution to provide this vital safety program.
Upon learning of the city’s plans to implement a virtual solution, Mary Boast, who brought the program to the city and has served as the program’s volunteer coordinator since its inception, was ecstatic that the child safety lessons would continue in 2020.
Community Involvement Coordinator Monica Vargas said now more than ever, our businesses and residents need to be vigilant and practice safety protocols consistently.
“Though we are living under unprecedented times, we are proud to offer Safety Town virtually. This is a testament to our commitment to the safety and well-being of our residents,” she said.
The YouTube video lessons will be released every Tuesday and Thursday of the week and cover Stranger Danger and Trusted Adults, Firearms Safety, Pedestrian Safety, Bicycle Safety, Buckle Bear, Bathing Suit Zone, Dispatch and 911 Call Center, Drowning Prevention/Canal Safety, Fire Safety, and Household Hazards – Poison Control.
The program begins July 14, 2020, through August 13, 2020.
Daycare facilities and residents have the opportunity to register to receive printed booklets provided by the city. Supplies are limited. For more details or to register for a booklet, visit Virtual Safety Town.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.28Church by the Glades Holds 2020 Spooktacular Halloween Event
- News2020.10.27Artist Honors the Military in ‘Soldier Stories’ at the Coral Springs Museum of Art
- News2020.10.27Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Wednesday
- News2020.10.25Latest Crime Update for Coral Springs Through October 20