By Ryan Yousefi
A woman was arrested and charged with false imprisonment and felony assault with a deadly weapon after holding her boyfriend hostage at knifepoint after discovering messages to other women on social media.
On February 3, the Coral Springs Police Department responded to an emergency call to a Coral Springs home in which a victim reported his girlfriend was threatening him with a knife and holding him against his will.
According to the arrest report, the victim told officers his girlfriend, Guerline Gedeon, 30, had become irate after observing on his cellphone that he had spoken to other women on social media.
The victim stated in the report an argument ensued, with Gedeon growing increasingly angrier and accusatory, claiming the messages as proof he was cheating on her.
The report shows the victim told officers he attempted to diffuse the situation by leaving the scene, but Gedeon refused to allow him to leave by holding a knife by her side and blocking the bedroom door.
The victim told police he made multiple attempts to escape and was fearful Gedeon would stab him. Eventually, the victim was able to call 911.
Police contacted Gedeon, who, according to the report, told officers the altercation stemmed from an incident two days prior when she took their child and his cell phone shopping without telling him and then refused to return the phone. Gedeon claimed this enraged the victim and is why the couple had an argument.
Multiple witnesses, and Gedeon herself, confirmed the victim’s story upon interviews with officers, including claims that she held him against his will. Witnesses also confirmed Gedeon had used a knife as intimidation during the incident.
Gedeon was arrested and transported to the Coral Springs Police Department for processing before later being taken to the Broward County Main Jail.
She was later released after posting a $5,500 bond.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & Safety2023.03.21Eat Mor Chikin’, Have Less Beef: Woman Arrested for Pulling Gun at Chick-fil-A Drive-Thru
- Eat2023.03.21Coral Springs Mediterranean Restaurant Faces 11 Health and Safety Violations Following State Inspection
- Crime & Safety2023.03.20Walmart Employee Takes ‘Rollback Prices’ Too Seriously, Charged with Grand Theft
- Eat2023.03.18Ocean One Grille Ordered Shut Down By State Inspectors After 14 Violations Discovered